Monday, May 7, 2012

A good day.

Hello friends! I posted a craigslist ad the other day looking for backing musicians for my solo project and today I got to meet up with a drummer who made my ukulele songs COME TO LIFE. He had a steady groove on the snare and hi-hat (which he actually hauled with him to the park where we decided to have our first rehearsal) and we played together underneath that infamous concrete arch on Waverly place at 5th ave in Washington Square park. As it began to drizzle, a crowd gathered underneath it and we had ourselves an audience! I sung on the top of my lungs as best as I could, playing as soft and hard as the songs needed and all the while the arch not only provided us with protection against the rain but also served us with some great reverb. Everyone really seemed to love us, and with every smile Larry and I locked up musically. A couple visiting from South Africa danced jubilantly to 5 of my songs, requested more music and told us we were the best part of their day. So many people took photos, and people even stayed after the rain let out. We played for 2 hours and cant wait to do it again! So stay tuned and i'll let you know when the next free park show is. Love, Doris ps- WE STILL NEED AN UPRIGHT BASS PLAYER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment